As a community-based school, ICMS relies upon parental involvement in many ways. Along with partnering with parents in stewarding their children's educational development, ICMS encourages parents to work with us as volunteers.
We have many volunteer opportunities from which to choose -- something for everybody! -- including:
Professionals to present on their work (especially on our annual Career Day). Also, adult presence in our lunchroom is welcome!
We offer our students quite an array of after-school clubs. Check here for this year's ICMS club listing.
Our front office can use help with copying, mailings, filing, and lamination.
The ICMS music teachers need assistance with choral concerts and variety shows, including:
- Monitoring students waiting for auditions and seeing that they report to After Care
- Constructing backdrops and/or sets for the variety show (fall event)
- Running spotlights during the variety show
- Running sound equipment for the variety show and/or choral concerts
- Playing piano at choral concerts
- Setting up and breaking down tables and chairs at choral concerts and the variety show
In order to maintain and build upon our school's work with Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc., we have an ongoing need for planting, weeding, mulching, and generally tidying up the school grounds.
Our parents are involved in planning and chaperoning student field trips, especially the annual 8th Grade Trip to Washingon, D.C.
Throughout the school year, ICMS hosts a number of events that could use volunteer assistance, including Field Day during the last week of school.
PTSA Volunteer Opportunities
The ICS Parent Teacher Student Association is wholly dependent upon volunteers for its success, and there are a number of opportunities for you to contribute, including:
- Membership Chairperson: in this role, you will lead the PTSA membership drive as well as manage the membership list and dues payment tracking.
- Volunteer Coordinator: works closely with the ICS Client Services Manager to fill volunteer needs.
- Special Events Coordinator: this position oversees two major annual fundraising events for the school.
- Fundraiser: put your talents to work by helping to guide the PTSA's overall fundraising efforts.
If you have a unique talent or interest not mentioned above that you think might be of assistance to us, please let us know. Contact Tim Mulherin, ICS Client Services Manager, at email@example.com or 317.357.5339 x132. Or contact your PTSA officers for more information on how you can help!