As a community-based school, Irvington Prep relies upon parental involvement in many ways. Along with partnering with parents in stewarding their children's educational development, IPA encourages parents to work with us as volunteers. We have many volunteer opportunities from which to choose, including:
Professional visit with us on Career Day and share their valuable workplace wisdom with teenagers who are just cutting their teeth on the world of work. For more information, contact the IPA Director of Operations and Instruction.
Our front office can use help with copying, mailings, filing, and lamination.
The ICS music teachers need assistance with choral concerts and variety shows, including:
- Monitoring students waiting for auditions
- Constructing backdrops and/or sets for the variety show (winter event)
- Running spotlights during the variety show
- Running sound equipment for the variety show and/or choral concerts
- Playing piano at choral concerts
- Setting up and breaking down tables and chairs at choral concerts and the variety show
We also could use chaperones for dances throughout the year.
In order to maintain and build upon our school's work with Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc., we have an ongoing need for planting, weeding, mulching, and generally tidying up the school grounds.
PTSA Volunteer Opportunities
The ICS Parent Teacher Student Association is wholly dependent upon volunteers for its success, and there are a number of opportunities for you to contribute, including:
- Membership Chairperson: in this role, you will lead the PTSA membership drive as well as manage the membership list and dues payment tracking.
- Volunteer Coordinator: works closely with the ICS Client Services Manager to fill volunteer needs.
- Special Events Coordinator: this position oversees two major annual fundraising events for the school.
- Fundraiser: put your talents to work by helping to guide the PTSA's overall fundraising efforts.
If you have a unique talent or interest not mentioned above that you think might be of assistance to us, please let us know. Contact Tim Mulherin,Chief Operating Officer, at email@example.com or 317.357.5339 x102. Or contact your PTSA officers for more information on how you can help!