As a community-based school, Irvington Prep relies upon parental involvement in many ways. Along with partnering with parents in stewarding their children's educational development, IPA encourages parents to work with us as volunteers. We have many volunteer opportunities from which to choose, including:
Professional visit with us on Career Day and share their valuable workplace wisdom with teenagers who are just cutting their teeth on the world of work. For more information, contact IPA Principal Brad Weinstein.
Our front office can use help with copying, mailings, filing, and lamination.
The ICS music teachers need assistance with choral concerts and variety shows, including:
- Monitoring students waiting for auditions
- Constructing backdrops and/or sets for the variety show (winter event)
- Running spotlights during the variety show
- Running sound equipment for the variety show and/or choral/band concerts
- Playing piano at choral concerts
- Setting up and breaking down tables and chairs at choral/band concerts and the variety show
We also could use chaperones for dances throughout the year.
In order to maintain and build upon our school's work with Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc., we have an ongoing need for planting, weeding, mulching, and generally tidying up the school grounds.
If you have a unique talent or interest not mentioned above that you think might be of assistance to us, please let us know. Contact Tim Mulherin, Chief Executive Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317.357.5339 x102.